Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bible Reading Plan - Still Reading!

Day 15

Well, I did get behind on my bible reading plan I didn't quit. Catching up on all those chapters was quite the incentive to never let THAT happen again and I feel as though I am going strong. I am really enjoying this! Rather than still being in Genesis I have been in 7 different books of the bible. What fun! I've been in the Garden with the Eve, screaming “Don't listen to the snake!”, I've been in the land of Canaan with Joshua while he and his army kills everything in sight (eew), I've had to endure the first of the 3 worthless friends of Jobs, and much more. I've enjoyed remembering much of what I studied in my ladies bible study when we did the book of Isaiah too. I've stopped and cross referenced, stopped to meditate, stopped to pray. I feel good about my focus and consistancy. I know that if I stick with this I can say this time next year that for sure I've read the entire bible through. I'll no longer have even the shadow of a doubt that I've read every word of it. Very satisfying. I'm looking forward to that. Now if I could just find a plan that helps me get through all of my other reading as well, I could better justify buying all those new books I want...hmm.

1 comment:

Jessica A. Kent said...

Keep going, my friend! You're doing great. And knowing that you've actually read every word of the Bible brings a glorious satisfaction. And will inspire your walk even more.